Attorneys Dedicated to Making a Difference

OC | Inland Empire | Los Angeles County

Workers’ Compensation for Eye Strain

Eye strain is common in workplaces and industries where employees spend a large portion of their time using computers. Sometimes eye strain can become so severe that employees suffer permanent eye damage, resulting in the need for surgeries, expensive lenses, and other costly treatments. It can also lead to a decreased ability to meet the demands of a given job if it prevents an injured employee from using a computer altogether.

If this happens, you might consider filing a workers’ comp claim and asking your employer to cover costs related to your eye strain. Before doing so, it is important to understand how your employer and their insurance company will evaluate your claim.

Does Repetitive Eye Strain Make Me Eligible for Workers’ Comp?

There are a few things should consider when filing for workers’ compensation benefits because of eye strain:

  • You must be able to demonstrate that your eye strain claim is legitimate and that your vision has been negatively affected.
  • You must be able to show that these negative effects on your vision are due to the nature or responsibilities of your job (or of your work environment).
  • You must be able to prove that your eye strain and injuries reduce your ability to fulfill the requirements of your job and/or require you to take time off to recover.
  • You must be able to demonstrate the legitimacy of your injuries through examination from an approved physician.*

Successful, Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Orange County

Eye injuries are painful and limiting, and you should take action right away if your job has caused you to develop serious eye strain. Start by calling Humphrey & Associates and speaking to an Orange County workers’ comp attorney about your case. We can help you evaluate your claim and improve your chances of being granted the compensation you deserve.

Call (844) 612-5800 or contact us to schedule your free consultation.

*In regards to physicians approved by your employer’s insurance company: As soon as you report your injury to your employer, they will most likely refer you to their insurance company’s approved physician. Such doctors receive compensation from insurance companies and are thus motivated to further the interests of the insurance company, which could mean denying a legitimate injury claim or recommending minimal treatments in order to save money. However, in the state of California, you have to start with a physician approved by your employer’s insurance company, though you may be able to see a different doctor if you feel you are receiving biased or sub-par care.