Workplace injuries are best avoided in one way: prevention. Both employers and employees need to be aware of their responsibilities in the workplace in order to avoid the pain and suffering of an injury or accident. While our trusted workers’ compensation lawyers of Humphrey & Associates will do everything possible to help you following your injury, we don’t want you to be put this position at all. According to the most recent Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries, CFOI, there were 5,147 workplace fatalities in 2017.
The National Safety Council promotes safety practices in the workplace, including the following:
- Prevent slips, trips, and falls by ensuring floors are clean, dry, and free of debris. Employees should report and clean any spills or leaks. Also, consider installing anti-slip flooring in places difficult to clean, such as those prone to oil or grease spills.
- In some workplaces, combustibles are simply a part of the job. However, it is essential you eliminate fire hazards in the workspace by properly disposing of them as often as possible. If any flammable liquid gets on your clothes, change clothes immediately.
- Prevent falling objects by never placing heavy items or materials overhead and keep equipment away from the edges of tables and desks. Hazards should be moved to the side, especially during work hours.
- Personal protective equipment and tools can go a long way when used correctly. Without them, you are far more likely to experience cuts, bruises, scrapes, and burns.
- Have a written set of rules so others can refer and be reminded of to safety practices. Encouraging people to follow proper protocol is essential.
Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Proudly Serving Orange County
Humphrey & Associates is comprised of compassionate, committed, and results-driven individuals who have one goal in mind: your success. If you have suffered from a workplace injury and are now facing medical bills, loss of wages, and emotional distress, our Orange County lawyers have the resources, means, and energy to help. We want to help you move on from your accident or injury as seamlessly as possible while holding responsible parties accountable for the damage they have caused.
Are you an injured worker? Contact our Orange County workers’ compensation attorneys today by calling (844) 612-5800.